The Carstairs Library will provide a warm and welcoming environment for people of all ages. Through a variety of fun, innovative, and creative programs, people will be inspired to achieve success in their personal learning.
To welcome Carstairs and area residents and visitors by providing access to library resources and programs for information, inspiration, and enrichment.
Plan of Service
Computer Use Agreement
This is an agreement between the Carstairs Public Library and each library member. Although we allow free internet access, the following agreement applies to all internet use. As a member of the Carstairs Public Library I understand and agree that:
- I will comply with the regulations and procedures established by the Board of Directors which may change from time to time.
- That I will be responsible for the actions of anyone using the login ID I have created.
- The Board or staff reserves the right review any material stored on the system, and it may be removed if it considered unlawful, abusive, or otherwise objectionable.
- The Library does not guarantee the availability of the system.
- The Library shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use of the system of its unavailability.
- Internet use is a privilege, which may be revoked at any time by the Board of Directors or by a staff member delegated by the Board. Revocation of this account includes, but is not limited to sending illegal unsolicited or harassing e-mail, posting commercial messages in non-commercial places, sending identical messages to multiple newsgroups indiscriminately, and attempting to hack or gain unauthorized entry into another member’s account of file areas. The principles of Netiquette, posted online and in the Library are expected of every member.
- The information on my application form is accurate.
- I have read and understand the rules of include which include ethical and acceptable internet usage and I agree to adhere to them.
The Carstairs Public Library is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to its website. In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), and with our policy on the Confidentiality of Users’ Records, your personal information will not be collected on this website unless you choose to use online products and services that require it. Your personal information will then only be used to provide you with the library services that you select, and for no other purpose. Carstairs Public Library does not track the websites you visit when using library computers.
We use Google Analytics to see how library websites are being used. The data retrieved from Google Analytics is anonymous; we are not able to connect it with specific users. For people who prefer to disable Google Analytics tracking of their web use, Google provides a browser add-on that automatically prevents information from being sent to Google Analytics. Follow the link to find out more about this add-on.