Friends of the Carstairs Public Library is the only not-for-profit organization responsible for raising funds for the library to provide books, programs and services. The Friends are dedicated volunteers who believe that the library is a vital part of the Carstairs community. Their main focus is increasing awareness through fundraising, promotion and volunteering of personal and professional services. They encourage public use and enjoyment of the library's facilities, programs and services. The Friends are always happy to welcome new members; if you love your library and want to make a difference, become a Friend today.
How have the Friends helped?
Because of the additional funding the Friends have raised the library has been able to:
- Eliminate Membership Card fees!
- Almost double the amount of books, audio books, DVD’s, Children book/CD kits etc. that the library adds to the collection annually
- Purchase the much loved Lego, Lego Mindstorms, and Duplo. Lego at the Library has been a huge hit with the kids!
- Help fund our programs like Babysitting, Travel with your Tastebuds and Lego at the Library
- Provide shelving for the growing collection including the Backpacks designed to assist parents/caregivers in developing their children's literacy skills
Ways to donate
All donations over $20.00 will receive a tax receipt. The Friends of the Carstairs Library Society is a registered not-for-profit.
- ATBcares.com/donate (type Friends of Carstairs Public Library).
- etransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- through Canada Cares
- mail a cheque, made out to Friends of the Carstairs Public Library, send to Box 941, Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
- stop by the Carstairs Public Library to donate in person
Donate Material for our Book Sales:
If you are considering donating materials (books, DVDs, video games etc.) to the library, here are some guidelines to help you with the decision-making process.
Materials must be:
- new - nothing beyond two or three years old;
- in good condition;
- free of mildew, mould, dirt or water damage; and
- free from excessive spine damage, missing pages, or missing covers.
- Media sets must be complete and include the original case art.
We do not accept:
- materials we deem to be in poor condition;
- DVDs, BluRay, CDs or videogames without their original packaging;
- encyclopedia sets;
- audio cassettes and VHS tapes; or
- Reader's Digest condensed books
The more people, the more ideas!!! You can be an active member or be on our volunteer list to help out at events. Spread the word! If you know of someone that would be a good fit to join us, let them know.
Shop and Share
Support our fundraising by clicking this button to create a ShopandShare.ca account:
We will get a percentage of every online purchase you make, and it won't cost you a penny more!
Want to learn more?
- Stop by the library and ask the always helpful staff
- Visit our Facebook Page
- Email email@example.com
- Drop in and check out our monthly meetings held at the library every second Thursday of the month at 7pm